Sunday, September 21, 2008

WHAT WILL THEY SAY WHEN I AM GONE

I stumbled upon some funny things people have said at people's funerals...except T.E. Lawrence said his to a writer before his death.

FAMOUS BRITISH CRIMINAL JACK SHEPPARD:

Sheppard threw himself into a hedonistic whirl of drinking and whoring. Inevitably, his carpentry suffered.

DOC HOLIDAY:

There was something very peculiar about Doc. He was gentlemanly, a good dentist, a friendly man and yet, was a slender, sickly fellow.

CHRISTIAN FLETCHER:

His knees stand a little out and he may be called a little Bowlegged. He is subject to violent perspiration, particularly in his hand, so that he soils anything he handles.

WILLIAM MCCOY:

His life came to a tragic end after liquor and finally ended his life by jumping off a cliff in a drunken frenzy.

T.E. LAWERENCE:

I been & am absurdly over-estimated. There are no supermen & I'm quite ordinary, & will say so whatever the artistic results. In that point I'm one of the few people who tell the truth about myself.

No comments: